New to City Business?
If you are new to doing business with the City of San Francisco, you should start by registering in our system as a bidder. Our easy 5 step instructions are below. If you are already a supplier with a supplier i.d. number, go here.
- A completed W-9 form (the W-9 Form can be found at irs.gov.)
- Federal Tax Identification Number or Social Security Number
- Official Name of Company, as listed on W-9
- Business Type, Contact Name and Address
- Go to the supplier portal. You will create a username for logging into our system while registering as bidder.
- After completing this step you will receive a Bidder ID and password to the portal.
- You can then log in using this password and your username.
- After registering as a Bidder, contact User Support by email or by phone to let them know your intent to become a supplier and receive a Supplier ID.
- User Support will assign your ticket to Supplier Management.
- To become a Supplier, you must complete Business Tax Registration with the Treasurer and Tax Collector’s Office (see link below).
- Suppliers must also submit a 12B Compliance Declaration.
- Bidders can submit the 12 Compliance Declaration by logging onto the Supplier Portal (see link below).
- Once your business registration is processed and 12B Compliance Declaration is approved, the City will convert your profile from bidder to supplier and send you a Supplier ID number via email.
- Please allow 3 business days to receive a Supplier ID number.
Already a Supplier?
If you are already a supplier with a supplier ID, you already have an account in our system and should NOT register as a bidder. Please call User Support at 415-944-2442 to activate your account.
Not sure? Call User Support and they can look you up in our system.
Business Tax Registration: https://newbusiness.sfgov.org/vendor/
12B Compliance Program: http://sfgov.org/cmd/12b-equal- benefits-program
Go To Supplier Portal: https://sfsupplierportal.sfgov.org
How to Register as a Bidder in the System: http://citysystemtraining.sfgov.org/Functional/VM/Bidder%20and%20Supplier%20Activites/Publishing%20Content/PlayerPackage/data/toc.html